List Of Games You Can't Burn And Why

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by BuffyAnne, Nov 22, 2005.

1. BuffyAnne

BuffyAnne Member

I just thought it would be really practical to list all the games that we try to burn but can't. If anybody knows a solution, please share it !

I have 3 so far and I would really love to burn these !!

Knights of the old republic II: it lags for hours when I try to play my backup...I can't even get past the "create a Jedi"

Ninja Gaiden : I get the dirty disk error

Fable : I get the dirty disk error

Please post problem games !!! (and hopefully solutions)

Now, bare with me here : I know the forum contains a few of these, but it would be quite simpler to keep all the games in the same topic

2. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

I don't know (or can say much), about KotOR². As KotOR was such a letdown and I haven't bothererd with it since. (note I have the German Localized Original Disk which had broken Audio and in some places even broken Text!).

But, I have both NG (The original Version), and Fable burned to DVD's

In the case of NG I had to use a DVD+R-DL (e.g. 8.5Gb), Disk.
    IIRC I was able to get Fable to fit on a normal DVD (4.7Gb), with no problems!

So my Tip!!!

1) Get a good DVD±R\RW\DL\RAM Burner there only like what $49.00(USD), nowadays!?!

2) Only use good Media! Q: What's good Media?!? A: Think Verbatems'!

3. BuffyAnne

BuffyAnne Member

Thank you for the quick answer !! I will go buy a larger capacity dvd for sure...I normaly use DVD+(4.7GB)and I use [bold]FlashFXP[/bold] to transfer the game from my xbox to my pc and [bold]cxboxtool[/bold] for the iso creating. However, I don't think it was because the game was too big. I know I checked for that : I always do before burning: if it's too big, I remove uneeded files (that I get on the net)

As for my dvd burner, I think it is okay since my computer is about 8 months old and I did manage to burn other games with it and they work fine. I use cheap dvd's though...so that may be the problem...I don't know...

What is IIRC ?

4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

I had a few problems when i tried to create iso's with c xbox tool, try out [bold]Quix[/bold] instead. I never have a problem since I switched to that.

5. BuffyAnne

BuffyAnne Member

Thank you so much for your input ! I will download Quix in the next hour !!! :)

6. Jondrew

Jondrew Regular member

If you use cheap media it will cause dirty disc errors. All those games can be copied at least to dvd as the only protections they put on the discs to prrevent copying are to prevent the game from running off a harddrive. go buy some verbatim dvd+rs and use qwix and then burn with dvd decrypter and dont forget to booktype to dvd-rom if your dvd burner supports it. also burn at lowest speed possible. It really helps on cheap media and all media

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  7. BuffyAnne

BuffyAnne Member

Wow,

thank you very much. I will look into everything...

What do you mean by booktype...that ? (sorry this question may seem stupid to you :()

I really appreciate all the help you give me !!!

8. HGC

HGC Member

I you have EvoX on your Xbox try switching between NTSC and PAL it might solve the dirty disc error.

9. BuffyAnne

BuffyAnne Member

Thanks for everybody's input,

at least, I got KOTOR II to work last night, I noticed I had a tiny smudge on it, I cleaned the disk and voila, it works for now, so I can scratch off Knights of the old republic from the list that doesn't work!

Anybody else here having problems with certain games ? come on, post it here, so we'll know which ones are harder to burn...

I will try everything everybody here has told me to try, I just haven't gotten around to it yet...but I will keep you posted because you have all been really helpful !! so thank you ! :)

10. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

The only times I ever had problems with burning Disks' was when I faild to follow the rules:

1) Use Quixx! or which ever other XBOX™ riper you prefer. So that the image you eventually rip, will be in the XDFS Fileformat. As you may already know the XBOX™ HDD uses the FATX Fileformat.

2) Use the best Media you can afford! I have had little problems with so-called ~Cheap Media~, but then I thankfully have never had the missfortune to have come accross any Prinko's either.

3) Burn at the lowest speeds possible! <- Perhapps the single biggest / best advice your likely to get!

As far as riping Games to the HDD. You should note the difference between the XDFS and FATX Fileformats. While XDFS can support Long Filenames (i.e. 255+3), FATX has a maximum of 42+3.

The only Game(s) I've ran into this problem were mostly all from Electronic FArt's. ~Take your pick!~ Basicly the Game will get to a point where it'll call for a certain part of the Game and it will not be able to locate it as it's looking for afsasdhiofhasodfasdokhfoasfihasfhaishfa0p9fhiaspo9uz.xbe and you only have afsasdhiofhasodfasdokhfoasfihasfhaishfa0~1.xbe on the HDD. The upshot is that the Program will fail to load, and you will get a DDE Error.

So with such Games it's best to just rip 'em straight as an *.ISO. You may have more luck when you use the Program DVD2XBOX as it'll repatch the *.xbe with the renamed Files thuss preventing any DDE's. But if your just useing BoxPlorer or whatever to rip your Discs' then this could be another problem, for your consideration...

11. BuffyAnne

BuffyAnne Member

I have been trying to download dvd2xbox for 4 days now...:(
    But I always get banned and I don't know why...(mIRC), that program is going to be the end of me for sure !!! If anybody here knows exactly how I could get, please let me know...:)

12. Jondrew

Jondrew Regular member

search the forums and you will find a guide on how to booktype but booktyping is something that writes a fake dvd-rom scheme to make a dvd player\xbox\ps2 read dvd+rs only. i will try to find a guide on how to in dvd decrypter. please post back with the name of your dvd burner so i can see if it supports it or not.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  13. BuffyAnne

BuffyAnne Member

Ok, so I went into Nero to find this out...
    LITE-ON DVD+RW SOHW-822S
    dvd high compatibility made (at least 16B will be written)
    maximum cd speed : 40x
    overburn supported
    smartburn enabled

Is this what you need ? This is all jibourish to me...

oh, and my computer is an HP

14. steimy

steimy Active member

BuffyAnne
    how is your Xbox modded
    if you have a chip you can get Slayer 2.6
    it has a lot of great things like dashboards and apps,
    including DVD2Xbox that it will install on your HDD

15. BuffyAnne

BuffyAnne Member

it's a soft mod. I know we used splinter cell to do it...
    I think it's a UXE v3...does that make any sense ?

16. Jondrew

Jondrew Regular member

lite-on does book type and as my experience they book type the best.

here is the link for the booktype utility. all you do is insert your disc and then choose the booktype dvd-rom if it is +r and then burn with whatever you want like nero.
    http://www.liteonamericas.com/us/Download/utility/BookType135.zip
    could not find your drive listed in your site. are you sure it is not the 812s or 832s. I have the 812s and burned about 300+ discs booktyped to dvd-rom.
    If it is a 812 or 832 or any liteon here is the link for the firmware. note: make sure you get the right firmware as if you put the wrong firmare on the drive it is impossible to erase and will kill the drive.
    http://www.liteonamericas.com/us/download.htm

17. Jondrew

Jondrew Regular member

BuffyAnne check your pm box for dvd2xbox

18. BuffyAnne

BuffyAnne Member

yep, I checked it again and it's 822S.
    Thank you for all the info...I will look into that and report back. I'll have to read on it before though, since I have no clue what it does exactly ! ;)

Again, thank you

19. BuffyAnne

BuffyAnne Member

Jondrew, you're my new hero !!!! :)

Thank you so much, I just have to figure out now how to install it...I will try and find instructions on the net...I think somebody mentionned I have to install this in one of my xbox's drives...not sure...? I hope I find instructions because this stuff is all new to me !

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you !!!

20. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Well, there really isn't a game that you "can't" backup (even over 4.34 GB). The problems with some games is sometimes the media (type of disc used), or it could be problems with your Xbox DVD-ROM. This is especially true if you have a first version xbox. Also, it could be regional settings, cache files, etc.