liteon ldw451s

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by wongster, Jan 24, 2004.

1. wongster

wongster Member

i ordered the liteon ldw411s dvd burner from best buy. after installing the burner my computer is reading this as a liteon ldw451s. is this a better burner or do i need to return it to best buy?

2. jaydee123

jaydee123 Member

No, return it for 411s get what ya payed for. I was thinking of getting one as here in Canada there are only $120.00, there is a reason for that, The web site I visit it looked to me that a few of them are having problems with 451s Suggest you also look at the 811s it's faster than the 411 but the 411 had a better review. Also I just read someone's reply that the 451s is a redo of 411s. I know what i read on other sites & lot of them were having problems with the 451s. But heyyyyyy, since ya have it play with it for a few day & see how it works for YOU!! just about EVERYBODY has problems with most hardware, & yes even Plextor. After I wrote this message I looked at the site that mentioned the 451s & could not find anything that said it was a 411s replacement, but i don't know everything. There is not a lot of info on this model but a lot on the 411s. Let me know what you found out.
    I even went on the LiteON website & the 451s is NOT listed. WEIRD EHHHHH???
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dave

Here is my System INfo:
    Asus P4PE MoBo,533FSB,2.4 iTEL,512mb PC2700,ATI 8500LE 128mb,ATI TV Wonder Pro R/C,Teac CD-W58E,PLEXTOR PX-708A,Western Digital Cav.SE 80 GiG w/8mb data buffer,this custom made system is running on WinXP.[/small]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2004
  3. zaluskim

zaluskim Member

I just ordered the 451s and this thread got me worried so I called called LiteOn Tech support. Indeed the 451s is a replacement for the 411s. The only difference between the two drives is an updated chip.

451s is not yest listed on the LiteOn USA web site (http://www.liteonamericas.com/us/odd_dvdrw.htm), but I'm told it will be in the next couple of days.

marty