Looking for DVD Player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Xplorer4, May 15, 2009.

1. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

I am looking for a new DVD Player. I need something that will play mkv files(needs divx7 right?), HDMI port, and USB port. Hoping to find one for about $65 USD preferably. Might be able to spend a bit more.

Any good but cheap blu-rays out there that match this description?

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

3. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Geez heres is an informative response.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  4. JVC

JVC Active member

I agree with iluvendo..........

What did you expect? You won't even find a used blu ray for that price! Cheapest used blu ray I've seen was $120, and that was a POS Sharp.

5. varnull

varnull Guest

no dvd players will play mkv ..wrong container.. then need avi-divx.. you don't usually find divx inside an mkv wrapper.. more likely x264 or higher XD.. (anybody fancy inventing a name for 4320p @ 200Hz x264's.. just to confuse noobs and keep us lot in business once the win7 drm comes along)

6. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

@JVC, My fault. On the blu-ray part I wasnt referring to the $65 part, but a good, but cheap blu ray with USB,DivX7,and MKV support.

@varnull, Now I did search before starting this topic(both here, other forums and google) and most things i found were before the release of Divx 7, plus i read this new thread when it was posted:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/16783.cfm
    "Look for DivX Plus™ HD Certified devices later this year that will support playback of all DivX and DivX Plus files, as well as .mkv (H.264/AAC) videos from the Internet."
    I assumed these devices would be out by now, or is it likley the dvd players havent/wont be supporting DivX Plus™ HD?