Macrovision Descrambler

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by mmalyszko, Jan 24, 2005.

1. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

Hi everbody,
    Im interested in transfering dvd's to vcr's but I want to bypass the scrambling sygnal, my uncle said he put one together in Poland from pieces that he bought illegally, but its hard to find them in regular stores, I guess because its illegal. Anyway does anyone own one or where can i buy one or order one and for how much or do they even exist anymore. I heard the stupid MPAA is cracking down on MEDIATEK and another company for selling the descrambling chips. Dont you just wish the MPAA just went to HE**

2. lamson1

lamson1 Member

3. lamson1

lamson1 Member

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

you might want to check this out -google for Clarifier ist a box that does what you are looking for . Havent tried it myself as I am getting away from vhs and more into the dvd thing! no tape stretch ,no tapes getting eaten by the vcr ,no appeciable wear & tear on your movies ect. At the same time I recognize that not everyone is me and not everyone likes the same things so whatever works for you my friend ! hope you find what you are looking for. peace

5. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

im not into vhs anymore but sometimes you got no alternative, and i also do have a dvd burner so i do burn movies to dvd's
    its also useful if you have a dvd player and a dvd recorder connected together to your pc, and that way you can copy the movies without the signal being scrambled, so see there is a use for them
    anyways thank you for the links

6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

No Problem glad to help if I did anyways . Vhs can come in handy as you can often find really good movies very inexpensive at drugstores and places like biglots ect . Then if you have a DVD Recorder - stand alone / set top type you can hook up your vhs to your DVD recoder and it's showtime! Then you have your movie on dvd ( movie only ) but hey it won't wear out anymore given a minimum of care . And you can give your tapes away to friends or family to share the love. I do this and keep my brother-in-law in movies/vhs and hey he's happy as a clam.I know I am contradicting my last post sorry bout that ! I meant to show in the last post that going dvd over VHS has several advantages -previously stated! one you already know about is that dvd media is cheaper than vhs blank tape, well hope you enjoy your burner & your movies good luck -good burning - good day & peace

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005