Major Connection Problems (Internet)....

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by abit, Jul 16, 2007.

1. abit

abit Guest

Hi, I need some major help here, I've look up many resources but never found out what the problem is. So here's the problem I've got DSL internet and when i first installed it, yeah i had a few problems but i was able to take care of it, connection was stable at first but the next day the connect was lost. Thinking that it was the modem itself i had that replace. Now here's the current setup what i have is a semens modem from att for DSL and connected to that is a Linksys wireless router and connected to that are all the other computers in the house which runs on the wireless network that i setup. It works fine for a few days then all of a sudden it drops the lights on the modem where blinking red and so i called at&t but they said that they have no network failure. The problem consantly keeps on dropping now and then coming back on, it weird though back then it would drop for a few minute or hour or so but now it drops for a day or two. My question is what the heck is going on, i would like a stable connection where i won't have to be running out of my house to use the internet somewhere else? I though switching from dail-up to DSL was all that great but it seems something wrong? i don't know if this helps or would be the cause of the problem also but i recently had a satelite dish installed but even before that i was losing connection from time to time. Please help it's been months and months we already had a tech come out and couldn't find any problem...Thank so much!...

2. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Hows the weather? This is a situation I ran into long ago. It seemed to happen most often after rain, strong wind or thunderstorms. Yes the first 4 techs said nothing was wrong. The fith tech finaly went up the pole to discover a loose connection. He tightend it up and no problems since then.

-Del

3. abit

abit Guest

Pretty sunny out...but yeah thanks for the info, i suspected that too...since sometimes their able to send a signal out and yet sometimes not. thanks Del