major problem with DVR-105

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by magecarin, Feb 10, 2003.

1. magecarin

magecarin Member

hi, i do have external dvr-105, my os is win xp, for some reason i am unable burn dvd's using nero, the nero freeze always at time the burning should started, anybody know what could be the problem ? there is no problem with drive itself as far as i can tell i am able to read dvd's but not write, will try another program but its quite mystery for me, nero says caching file started and then it freeze, thx for all help

2. twjhm

twjhm Member

I have a problem with the drive also but mine is an internal IDE drive in a IDE to USB converter/enclosure from ADS. I have a laptop running Win2K and had an older version of Adaptec CD Creator (Roxio) and had been using a USB Iomega CDRW prior to when I did the install on the Pioneer. I used the external IDE to USB converter/enclosure from ADS and the drive seemed to read fine but won't write any CD's or DVD's. I have uninstalled both the Roxio and Nero software thru Windows and then reinstalling Nero but no luck. This was one of the Cendyne packages that had the Pioneer drive and Nero software. I am thinking that the driver may be wrong or that there may be some leftover software that is hosing it. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2003
  3. xgasman

xgasman Member

As you changed your drive from an EIDE to a USB, the software probably doesn't work with USB drives. Make sure you have a version that does.