Making a recruiting video

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Roba22, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Roba22

Roba22 Member

HELLO! I have a 16 year old daughter who plays volleyball. She is starting to get looks from college coaches and they are telling us we need to make a "game footage" DVD that we will need to mail out to the colleges she would like to attend or consider and also then load it on the web too for coaches to go and watch. I have 4-5 tapes of her playing. They are on a Sony DCR-TRV22 Cam and they are not edited. My problem is I don't know how to attach my cam to my computer and then transfer the videos over to my computer. nor do i have any video editing software to edit and then burn a DVD. I do have a DVD burner but have never tried anything like this. I was hoping for some help/advice in what I need to do and buy (cheap) that will do all of this for me. Thanks for your time and trouble.

2. somebodyy

somebodyy Regular member

What if you start by telling what kind of equipment you already have?

Computer? What kinda ports there is in your camera? Usb? Firewire?

For editing I suggest Pinnacle Studio 11 program. With it you can also record video from camera if you have proper equipmt.

3. Roba22

Roba22 Member

I have a custom built computer. it's a AMD if that matters. It has several US ports and a s-video in I think..

As for the Cam it has a s-video out. a firewire and it has a audio/video port that will alow you to plug in a RCA type cable. I use that to play it on my TV and it works good.

I have windows movie maker and have been told by friends that i can use that but my problem is getting the computer to see the camera once plug them in.. it will not see the USB nor the s-video

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I take it that you didn't build the computer, yourself.

My best advice is to have a friend, who knows something about computers, help you out.

You actually gave no useful information about your computer, and there certainly is no disrespect intended, here.

5. Roba22

Roba22 Member

Sorry.. not a computer guy.. no I did not build it. I asked a computer guy friend to build it for me and I am very sad to say that he is no longer with us. I will ask around and see if any one I kn ow can come over and help me.