making xbox back-ups larger than 4.7GB

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by joeguy555, Sep 11, 2006.

1. joeguy555

joeguy555 Member

hey all, i was just wondering how to make xbox back-ups that are larger than 4.7GB (standard size of blank DVD discs). I've made successful copies of games smaller than that size and was just wondering how to back-up larger file games.

Would I just use a program like DVD Shrink to compress it? or is my only option one of those larger size blank DVD discs?

thanks and sorry if this has been answered before.

2. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

Your going have to delete files for it to work or fit on dvd5, dashupdate.exe, (don't know the names of others) there the xboxlive files. Thats the only way.

3. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Don't use DVD Shrink...

Unless you have an upgraded hard drive in your Xbox, just transfer the unmodified image to your PC hard drive and extract it using Quix. Then delete any unnecessary files such as game demos, foreign language files (videos for example), and the Xbox Live files such as dashupdate.xbe and one or two others. Afterwards, create a new iso using Quix and burn it to disc like you normally would.

If you have an upgraded hard drive, you can just back-up the game to the Xbox with dvd2xbox, then delete all unnecessary files via dvd2xbox's built in file browser and then transfer the game to your PC like you normally would.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  4. joeguy555

joeguy555 Member

I guess I'll do just that then. Thanks for the replies