Making Xbox iso's with Nero 7

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by wh1sp, Jan 31, 2006.

1. wh1sp

wh1sp Member

Hello,
    Like most people, I like the straight forward approach when it comes to this xbox business. I've heard you can make xbox iso's from downloaded xbox games and burn it all using 1 program - Nero 7. Can someone please tell me what the proper process is to use Nero. Currently I'm using Qwix to make the iso and then burning with Nero, but I'd rather use just 1 program.

Thanx!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Iv never heard of using Nero to create an Xbox xISO. I do know if you downloaded the game offline that more then likly it is already an xISO so you would only have to UnRAR the game into the ISO file then burn with Nero since it more then likly is in xISO already.

3. wh1sp

wh1sp Member

Thanks,
    It was an .iso after I un-rar'd it. I know for next time :)

4. chris032

chris032 Member

well that's basically what I did. I downloaded Splinter Cell Chaos Theory with Azureus. Unrared the file, and it turned into a .iso file. i then took that .iso file and burned the image with Nero. THe only problem is it wont work in my xbox for some reason
    . what am i doing wrong? i even downloaded Alcohol 120% but i have no idea how to use it.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It could be that the media your using isnt compatible with your Xbox. Xbox can be picky as to what blank media it will read. Also you can try to clear your CACHE fodlers. Either FTP or use your file explorrer on your Xbox dashboard and delete the files inside your CACHE folders. (dont delete the CACHE folder just the files in it)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006