Memory Stick Duo OR Memory Stick Duo High Speed

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by phishyhea, Jun 24, 2005.

1. phishyhea

phishyhea Guest

I just bought the Sony HC90 camcorder. I am trying to decide if I should buy the high speed memory stick duo which has transfer speeds of 80 Mbs or the regular memory stick duo which has a rated speed of 15 Mbs? Can the camera take advantage of the high speed? I know the high speed is backward compatable but I don't want to spend the extra money if the camera can't take advantage of the speed! thanks, craig

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

The only reason why you would choose high speed is that it will take less time to transfer the pictures to your PC. There is no difference in quality or anything else.

3. wallen69

wallen69 Member

Not necessarily true, I do not know about the Camcorder but I have a Sony digital stills camera and you have to use higher speed memory sticks to capture video at full quality (which is very good indeed). Slower sticks can only cope with a lower number of frames per second and therefore less fluent video or lower resolution video. Read the manual for your camcorder, this is made clear in my camera's manual. Still as I can see no point of recording video to a memory stick when you have a miniDV camcorder, for just still photo use it does not matter as even with the slow card the low resolution stills taken by a camcorder will transfer to your PC quickly.