MINI DVD TO ENCODE AND BURN TO DVD-R

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by 95991, Jun 18, 2005.

1. 95991

95991 Member

Have sony mini dv camcoder and using Windows M.M.2.to edit and want to transfer directly to dvd-r. Need to encode and burn DV-AVI [NTSC] TO DVD-R. This would be a direct "pass-through" so what are my options plese? What software /free,or cost do you recommend? Oh yes, I want my aspect ratio in 16.9 the same as my camcorder and software[W.M.M.2 ] make. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank You, BIG AL PS, don`t need another software edit/transition program. Just encode and burn to dvd!

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

WMM cannot encode to MPEG2 whioch is what you need for DVD.
    There are many all-in-one (encode-author-burn) programs like Nero Vision Express, Ulead DVD MovieFactory etc. For better results and more control over your quality buy a separate encoder (like TMPGEnc, Canopus Procoder Express or Mainconcept MPEG Encoder) and use the resulting MPEG in an authoring program.
    Check this page for a listing of many well-known players in theis field: http://www.digitalvideoclub.com/siteinfo/suppliers.php

3. 95991

95991 Member

Thank You for your quick response. I will look into Nero Express as I have this program already. Again thank you____________ BIG AL