MiniDv device for playing pal and ntsc tapes needed?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by albertd25, Jul 20, 2005.

1. albertd25

albertd25 Member

I already have the Aiwa MX100 worldwideo video converter and only need a minidv video,deck or camcorder whatever that can play pal tapes and ntsc tapes as they are not like the (Ntsc on Pal Tv) option in some vcrs that will destroy the signal.Pal tapes on pal tv and ntsc tapes in ntsc output so I can convert them on request on vhs tapes with my video converter.Would you recomend anything please?

2. Ta3devil

Ta3devil Member

Hi peaople Ta3devil here in the UK i have just purchased a Camcorder from the US but hadn't realised it had the label NTSC on the front, i have tried playing my other old DV tapes that was recorded on Pal recorders and seems to play back fine. can any problems that i expect to face with the RECORDING of NTSC and PLAYING back ON TV or even copying to DVD, and how can i fix them, i really love the camcorder, but i don't wanna start bying accessories for it if it's no good.
    i suppose what i'm asking will i be able to tranfer my NTSC on to mu UK computer edit them and put to DVD as i would do with a normal PAL footage. and will it playback on any DVD player, sorry if i'm babbling on just wanna make sure all the info's there, Please if anyone can help.