.mod and .moi files

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by ticctech, Dec 31, 2005.

1. ticctech

ticctech Member

I have recently purchased a JVC HD Camcorder. The device writes directly to a hard drive in DVD format. What my question is does anyone know what .mod and .moi files represent. I know that the .mod files are the vid files for sure, but I am curious about the .moi files.

Thanks

2. melex

melex Member

i got one of thoses as well.. and I'm having problems to brun a dvd with thoses files... I can convert to .mpg.. but when open the CyberLink PowerProducer Gold everythink just stop!... do u have the same problem?

3. ticctech

ticctech Member

Well, I havn't had too many problems up until today. I was able to open the Cyberlink Power Director and operate with it just fine, but I was using mpeg format. Recently I tried to use the dvd files that were pretty large, 8 min to 28 min... everytime I would attemp something, the program would freeze up optimizing the CPU.... but as soon as I converted into mpeg format, the program ran smoothly.... I have made a decision to use moviemaker and spend more time with it.

4. melex

melex Member

Ok.. I'm justu using the Nero Vision to operate with the menus and stuff.. and it's working really well for me.. so I just gave up tryng to use Power Produce...