.MOD to .MPG

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Stinff, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Stinff

Stinff Member

Hello all,,,

Okay, here is what I've done. I have a JVC Everio. I've taken video footage with it, that I want on my PC.

I've connected the Cam, copy & pasted the file I want to My Documents folder (MOV044.MOD & MOV044.MOI). Not sure if I needed the .MOI but I copied it anyway.

I then converted the .MOD to .MPG, and I was able to view it. Once I unhooked my USB cable from the cam, and tried to watch the file again, it would NOT load. What am I doing wrong. I just want to post a video on www.youtube.com

Please, can anyone help me. This camera is frusterating..

2. smushtaq

smushtaq Member

Hi,
    I have a JVC Everio camcorder as well. I connected it to my computer, running WinXP Pro, via USB cable and was able to see the files on the camcorder. The files are in .MOI and .MOD format. I don't have the JVC software so I copied them to my hdd and changed the extension of the .MOD files to .MPG. Once I did this, I was able to play the video in Windows Media Player. however when I try to use Windows Movie maker to record a movie, it says that the file is corrupt or in an unrecognized format. I would appreciate any help on this ...
    Shahab

3. XMP2K5

XMP2K5 Member

You don't need the moi files. You only need the mod files.