Modem Drivers??? need help, (Install CD Lost) corrupt .dll files...

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by JayFinley, Nov 24, 2008.

1. JayFinley

JayFinley Member

hello, i need to know if anybody can assist me with the driver files, or just plain give me some files to install the drivers... i have a Best Data (Smart One) DSL502(502EU) Ethernet/USB Modem. click the URL for the image of the device, to see if you have the same modem and model http://www.bestdata.com/images/DSL502.jpg edited by ddp. I want the USB drivers to bridge a connection and have the ability to configure the modem. I play on Xbox Live on the Daily and my NAT is Strict, which means my connection could be a whole lot better, so i want to bridge my connection from my PC to my 360 using the USB capabilities of this modem. But MY install CD won't install anything because a .dll file fails to load... thanx and feel free to ask more info if needed.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  2. JayFinley

JayFinley Member

well the link isn't clickable, so copy/paste the URL to your browser

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

What is the name of the .dll that is failing?

4. JayFinley

JayFinley Member

i really have no idea now. but i figured it was the CD's fault and i need a copy of the CD... the CD contained the .dll so hopefull a fresh copy of the CD would solve the .dll prblem. Also if anyone knows how to configure the Modem for Xbox Live... i would like to know what settings to use. any help would be greatly appreciated.

5. LOCOENG

6. JayFinley

JayFinley Member

i appreciate the link... but what can it do to help me??? my Modem's manual tells me the i.p. site, and it looks nothing like the one on the link... http://bestdata.com/tech/images/DSL502EU-manual.pdf ... please if you know how, by looking at the screenshots in the manual, tell me how i can forward a port???

7. LOCOENG

You don't forward ports in a modem, this is done through your router. I misread your original post and though the Best Data was a router/modem combo.

8. JayFinley

JayFinley Member

so even though my modem is also a router (router/modem combo) how can i forward the ports? i've noticed a bunch of numbers and all that from the address i put in the address bar (192.xxx.x.x that thing) i've contacted the phone company about this problem, and it seems they don't know how to resolve it as well, well maybe in time they will figure stuff out, and i noticed my internet connection was DOWN like all day, finally got online just literally 10 minutes ago... i'll let anybody who reads this know when my issue is resolved. i'm gonna test my Xbox Live connection right now.

9. JayFinley

JayFinley Member

well... the tests show my NAT is still Strict. if any1 knows how to solve my NAT issue with the modem i have now, please feel free to let me know how to solve my problem. And also if any1 knows a great modem that's compatible with Xbox Live (or would i have to buy a router as well?) i'd much prefer a modem because i have a Linksys ethernet Hub that i use to have the PC/Xbox run simultaneously, so spending more than i should would be a bummer, but i'm open to suggestions... thanx to all who replies.

10. JayFinley

JayFinley Member