Mounting Alone in the Dark on virtual drive?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by magus57, Sep 15, 2008.

1. magus57

magus57 Regular member

I got the game free with the purchase of a graphics card, and I've been trying for the past week to mount it. It has SecuROM, most likely one of the newer ones.

I created the image using Daemon Tools Pro Advanced, using the "New SecuROM" profile, and then mounted it, but SecuROM quickly jumped in and gave me a notice to close any virtual drive software. I tried using YASU to cloak the drive, but still I get the same message.

Then I downloaded a mini-image (which is supposed to circumvent the authentication somehow), mounted with the same version of Daemon, used Nero DriveSpeed to change the read speed to x1 (what they file said to do), and cloaked with YASU, only to have SecuROM jump in again to give me a notice to stop using a mini-image.

I've also tried many combinations between the two with no progress.

So has anybody figured out a way to play Alone in the Dark without a disc?

2. magus57

magus57 Regular member

Nevermind, I found a torrent with a crack and that completely solved my problem (I don't even need an image to play it now). Please close this topic.

3. zee82

zee82 Guest

Hi just a quick question, ist it possible to play a 2 cds game without burning image file. I've installed the game Alone in The Dark onto my pc after completing the first cd it says insert disc 2
    so wot i required to run second cd. em using Daemontools and alcohol 120%