Movie Editing Software

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by donl, Mar 7, 2004.

1. donl

donl Guest

I am new to this forum so I hope I am doing this correctly.
    I have read a number of the postings on this forum and understand that there are very expensive software to edit digital home movies from a digit camcorder. But what if you want very good quality and only want to basically cut out portions of the video, is there a less expensive program under $200 that will do the job? Also is it easy to use? Thanks in advance.
    --Don

2. devil60

devil60 Guest

There is some under $200 but not many. The Dazzle will let you cut out some of your home movies http://www.pinnaclesys.com/VideoEditing.asp?Family=24&Langue_ID=7
    The 321 DVD X Maker will work just to go from VHS to DVD. It all come down to what you what to do and are wiling to spin for software and the work you are willing to put into it. Are you willing to put in from 5 to 8 Hrs to go from VHS to DVD. If you look in the internet you will see ther are some that will do it for you and the cost is from $25 up per Hr that is on your VHS.

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Here's health to you and to our Corps= If the Army and the Navy Ever look on Heaven's scenes;=They will find the streets are guarded BY =UNITED STATES MARINES.=
    =Once A Marine Always A Marine:=[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2004
  3. jkr100

jkr100 Guest

If you are editing from a digital video camcorder then you can't go far wrong with Pinnacle Studio - the basic version is pretty inexpensive at around £40 in the UK - I got the Special Edition version(cut down version) free when I bought my Canon camcorder

Jake

4. Cramdid

Cramdid Guest

I have used Dazzle and Pinnacle and they are both crap. You can go to B and H Photo and get Adobe Premiere and a firewire bundle for $199. Believe me save yourself some wasted time and DVD's and go for adobe you won't regret it.