movie playback on a digital picture frame- possible?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by vyper0, May 14, 2009.

1. vyper0

vyper0 Member

I'm looking for a cheap portable video player with a decent size screen (8-10 inch). I considered a portable dvd player but then i have to carry dvds with me. I'm also considering buying a netbook, ex. acer, HP, MSI, ASUS but now im in the $300 range. This has me wondering...can a LCD picture frame play a full length movie.
    I don't have one to test with but I'm wondering if someone here does...

can you take a dvd, convert it to a 750 MB AVI, slap it on a SD card and play it back on a digital picture frame? obviously the picture frame would have to support avi and sound. i know there are some out there that do. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882025014

the reason i wonder is because a 10" digital picture frame that supports avi and audio can be had for $150 and at 750MB I can fit a bunch of movies on an SD card.
    Thoughts?
    Anyone try this already?

2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

vyper0-Sounds like it could work ? but not having one to try it on that's just a guess ! UNless Someone Replies to your Post Other than me I see it as you have two options Put a movie or so on a SD card and take it to a store that will let you try it out in the store ? Or call/write or email the Manufacturer !!! Sorry I could'nt help out More . Good Luck and let us know whar happens!!!!!