Moving a Partially Completed Torrent

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by bishop101, Jan 2, 2010.

1. bishop101

bishop101 Member

Hi, I've been downloading this huge torrent which is about 60GB. However I only have 30GB left in my Computer, so I went out and bought me an external hard drive which is about 1TB. Can someone please tell me how to move the torrent to the external hard drive so it can start downloading from there, as I don't want to start this download all over again as I am almost 50 percent done. Thanks. I use the Bit Lord Client.

2. bishop101

bishop101 Member

I'll be switching to Windows 7 too so I'll have to do a clean install which is why the torrent must be moved besides the fact I don't have any space left.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

ever heard of drag n drop make sure you include the little torrent file as well,once w7 is up just click on the file & it will load,after which it will do a check of % downloaded & continue from there,obviously the torrent client will need to be reset up to the torrent directory

4. bishop101

bishop101 Member

Thanks

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

remember any part of the files you've downloaded or any others associated with the torrent must be moved,not that it matters you've got most of it so if worse comes to worse do the torrent again & when the folder is made transfer your downloaded files into it then force recheck & you should be good to go

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a feedback & suggestions issue.

scorp, forget something?