mp3 to dvd??

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by dan111, Jan 5, 2004.

1. dan111

dan111 Member

i just put a ton of mp3s onto dvd..just assumed they would play in the standalone dvd player..yet it didnt..just plays mp3s on cds....is it just my player or is that the norm??it is a sony dvd player

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I've heard of a few recent models that will do what you want, but as far as I know it's still the exception.

3. drchips

drchips Active member

Hi guys,

In general, if a DVD Player will accept MP3's on a CD, it will do so on a DVD-R, most of the cheapo's do.

It is probably a media or structure error.

Does your Sony support DVD-R or DVD+R??

Use DVD-R if possible.
    Select DVD Data Disk (NOT DVD-VIDEO).
    ALL MP3's MUST be in the root (few players I have met can handle subdirectories).
    Sometimes VBR MP3's can cause problems - try a selection.
    Burn Slowly.

I have a DVD-R with over 1000 MP3's on it that plays perfectly in a CyberHome.

Have Fun...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is just more of the same:[/small]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2004
  4. dan111

dan111 Member

hmm..interseting..yes my sony lists that it plays both formats of dvd..and i did use a dvd-r.. i use mucicmatch to burn the mp3s onto the dvd..so i am not sure what format it creates on the dvd..this might be the prob???..what software did u use to burn

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

if you go to www.dvdrhelp.com you can search their database to see if anyone else has reported that your player supports MP3 DVDs, but if it's an older player it probably won't. They have 50 players listed that people say they have had success with this on, and there are a few Sonys, but keep in mind that this is based on user reports, and you can't assume that the information is accurate until you verify it yourself. I just took a look, and there were a lot more than I remember seeing before.

6. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya dan111,

I use Prassi PrimoDVD at the moment, but will be switching over to RecordNow Max Version 4.5 (PrimoDVD's successor, looks and works the same).

So I suppose RecordNow Max is what you could try.

Remember, keep it simple first.

Data Disk, NOT DVD-VIDEO.

Keep the files in the root of the DVD.

Start with constant bitrate, 128k mp3's first (it seems to be the most common bitrate supported).

If it works with them, try higher rate files and VBR files.

Then try some subdirectories on the DVD.

Have Fun...

7. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

8. dan111

dan111 Member

thanx for all the support guys..much appcted...i went to site....quite helpful..tho doesnt list whether it will play dvd mp3...i burned the songs at 320 bit rate..so..that may be it..also..at the risk of sounding dumb....i really dont know what the 'root' is..i dont know whether the disc is being used as a vid disc..tho i am using musicmatch so i assume it is not be prepped as a video disc..i just listed the songs i wanted burnt..pressed the dvd option and they were burnt..tho for the 320..the mp3 cd i made which worked with the player sooo..i dunno!!

9. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Ok guys.. My DVD player supports MP3 playback. I burned like 30 or so onto a CD which worked fine using Record Now, However the DVD coaster count is up to three. Their not coasters but how many backup's of your mp3's do you need.. lol.. Anyways. I cant seem to get a DVD to work in my player. I have burned them several different ways with NERO and Recordmax and getting a little upset. The only differnece in the CD burn and the DVD burn are the amount of files on the disk. 30 on the CD to the 902 on the DVD.. I have a Mitsubishi DD6030 and I am using the same DVD's I back up movies with. Thanks in advance

Matt

Last edited: Jan 6, 2004
  10. drchips

drchips Active member

Motomatt,

sorry, I am at the end of my experience in this instance.

I have a CyberHome 405, and it plays MP3's on DVD without any problems.

I know nowt about the Mitsubishi..

Wish you luck.

11. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

I kinda think it's something to do with either how many files I am trying to burn or the type of files I am trying to burn. Meaning the Id tags might not be all correct and I happen to pick the 30 songs or so that were actually correct. MP3's are kinda like the DVD world.. so many types but none agree with each other....