Music on xbox...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by shuya, May 4, 2006.

1. shuya

shuya Member

I forwarded music files(wma) to XBOX. But I can't play them on XBOX' dashboard. Please tell me how to forward them to XBOX.

2. xBMODSx

xBMODSx Guest

you need xbox mmedia center!
    search on yahoo or google and download and then drag it using ftp to app. folder in e: section of xbox!

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Yes, you need to download XBMC
    Then FTP it to your apps folder (which means you need a modded Xbox)
    Then you can either FTP the music files into your music folder and run them with XBMC, or you can put them all in one folder, set up the folder on the PC for sharing, then use XBMC to stream them from the PC to the Xbox and play them that way.

4. shuya

shuya Member

Thank you.
    I have already forwarded music files(wma) to XBOX. And I could play them with XBMC. But I couldn't play music with video game.

5. shuya

shuya Member

Please tell me how to play music in video game.

6. xBMODSx

xBMODSx Guest

umm usualy u can only do that on sports games.

7. ArchieAus

ArchieAus Member

I made a ftp connection using IE. I found the soundtrack folder on my xbox it was at E/tdata/fffe0000/music/0000/ I added a wma music file to this folder and could play it from xbmc or wmp on the pc. But when I use msdashboard it denies its exsistance and therefore assume games will aswell. To add music to the custom soundtrack ingame, the database file would have to be edited. I have no idea how to do this and still cannot find anything on the net about this.

my ultimate aim is to change soundtracks on games that do not have custom soundtrack function, I know there are mods to change music files on pc games so there must be away to do it on the xbox too.