My Dad Has Passed Away

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by pooky, Apr 28, 2009.

1. pooky

pooky Member

Hey guys! I've not been around for a few days. My dad passed away this past Friday due to complications from cancer surgery. We as a family are in shock because for the first 8 days after surgery he was recovering so well. This is the absolute hardest thing that I've been faced with in my whole life. I will depend on the Lord to get me through this. This is just a total shock to me.

I just seen him the day before he developed complications & he was doing better than expected. I'm just so sad & overwhelmed right now with grief. He was only 66 years old & was a strong man. We just thought he would always make it through anything because he was so strong & a fighter. I will never get over him but he'd want me & my entire family to keep the faith & go on with our lives. It's just so hard because he was loved by many & never met a stranger in his life. He made many friends & always has been a family man. I cry as I write this & please keep me in your thoughts because this is truly the most difficult thing I've ever faced. Thanks!

2. aldan

aldan Active member

lost my dad to cancer 12 years ago.miss him every day.my prayers are with you.Al

3. pooky

pooky Member

Cancer is awful! It's gonna be hard but I'll get through it. Thanks for the prayers!

4. revengine

revengine Regular member

Hey Pooky, i'm sure there's a part of your dad inside you, so your dad will still be around for a long, long, time. It's good to have friends, but it's really not about how many friends you have, it's about to how many people were you a friend. God Bless, Rev

5. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

it always come as a shock when a loved one dies, my dad died in 1963 when i ws 9 years old, i am 54 now, you should just be greatfull for the time you had with your dad and remember all the good times,just rember he is gone in the here and now , but he will always be remembered in your heart, and you have to rember that everything happens for a reason and it is for the good! but for most of us we can't see the big picture in what good comes from death, it has taken me many years to understand this.