my just modded Xbox doesn't read dvd games. can somebody help me!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by gcroxx, Jan 3, 2005.

1. gcroxx

gcroxx Member

i've just let modded my Xbox but it doesnt start any games burned on dvd. cd's no problem it boots but when i insert a dvd game or movie it doesn't boot. can somebody help me or have any suggetions?

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Did you flash your xbox with a new bios?

3. gcroxx

gcroxx Member

sombody else build it in and installed it so i know nothing about it. but there are 2 ways to boot the Xbox the origenal bios and the aladdin boot(chip boot). so i gues they did.

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You mean using the switch? That really doesn't mean it's flashed.

Also, how are you making the backups?

5. gcroxx

gcroxx Member

i can push the power button 1sec quick it boots normal using normal bios. i can push it for 2 sec long and it boots in aladdin bios(chip boot). with aladdin bios appears a evo X icon in the left of the screen. the games i burnt only work from cd and dvd games i burn on the same way just with alcohol 120%. but my Xbox always say when i insert a backedup game or copy it says cant recognize disc...
    the same is when i insert a movie(not burned but bought) so illegal doesnt work too. but that should work with a chip. i don't have a dvd kit. so i don't still get what's wrong. it only boots games on cd. that wouldn't boot without modchip.

6. gcroxx

gcroxx Member

o yeah i forgot. i don't make the backups i dl them using eMule. every game i dl almost works. i always did it for the dreamcast and almost always worked. and now for the Xbox and it fails to recognize the games on dvd. so i geas it insn't the backup. and i have 5 dvd games and all don't work on my Xbox. and i can't test them couse i don't know anybody with a modded Xbox.

7. gcroxx

gcroxx Member

i found something out there are 3 ways to boot my Xbox but with i've tried all the 3 methods but still it doesn't boot dvd games.

8. gcroxx

gcroxx Member

i've called the guy that did my Xbox he said it depends on your dvd drive and you may need dvd-r and i burned them on +r but now i have another problem i want to burn these +r to -r only i can't copy them because i only have my dvd recorder and a cd recorder so i don't have 2 dvd drives. how do i make a good backup from these dvd's

9. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Yeah it's probably the media you're using. I use +R, but the drives are different so try using -R

10. gcroxx

gcroxx Member

it worked it was the media so. but thnx for the help