My speakers arent speaking and my cd player wont burn data

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ema609, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ema609

ema609 Member

I tried to get the speakers to work but they are
    very low and I can barely hear them.
    I tried everything I could think of

and then I tried to put some data on
    my cd rw and I keep getting
    the message put a cd in and there
    was one in
    I tried with a few they always worked before.
    then the outside actiontec stopped working so I
    replaced that. Can that be fixed
    today is wierd ema

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

What was installed or uninstalled, between the time everything worked, and now?

3. ema609

ema609 Member

i downloaded roboform to rememeber passwords and
    a game from gamegiveawayoftheday and i didnt like it so I deledted it

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

deleted or uninstalled? were both working alright before those programs were installed? does the rom drive read any disks at all? does the drive show up in device manager?

5. ema609

ema609 Member

sorry i meant i uninstalled the game
    and in device manager no yellow signs

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Could be your cd=rom drive is failing. Does the sound sound normal on line at something like an audio on you tube or is it the same there too? If all audio is same then your cd player is ok. Can you hook an audio source to the line in on your sound card and play it thru your speakers? How does that sound? Experiment!

7. ema609

ema609 Member

My sound is very faint I need help on how to get it back
    to normal.

My cd rom is not recognizing the cd rws and I have tried many

I dont think one thing has to do with the other

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

try restoring your system back to before you downloaded the 2 bad programs. Did you even bother trying anything I suggested to rule out sound card? If post the results-we already know you need help. If you didn't then, and think nothing's connected-"I dont think one thing has to do with the other"- you're on your own.

9. ema609

ema609 Member

I was waiting to ask my son about the sound card when he comes back
    since I have no idea what it is where it is or what to do with it.
    If I knew what it was I probably would of checked it. Like I know what an audio sauce is .

I will also ask him about the restore. So thanks for the information

your attitude its not kind
    and not really user friendly since your telling me to do things but now how. Since I really need a translator for what you are saying then Maybe someone else can give me baby steps to help Since I am lost from what you say. Thanks anyway but your way above me
    I have gotten great baby step help in here a few times
    Ema
    Ema

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

The very basics first step. In the lower right corner of monitor can you see a little picture of a speaker. Double click it and see if you can open the volume control. Is it at maximum-highest-loudest. Did volume get louder?

It's audio source(not sauce)like an ipod or mp3player-cassetteplayer-radio--there is a line-in hole on the sound card rear of pc. You'll need a patch cord earphone jack to earphone jack. If music plays ok, then you will not need a new sound card. Go online to any place where music is streamed. Can you hear the music or is it louder/same? If you can't go online to a you tube site and play streaming video/audio then you should not be attempting to fix your pc. Wait for your son or someone else.

Are all the wires plugged in tightly for the speaker systems?

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Do you have a pair of headphones? On the CD drive there is a hole for headphones. Play a cd and listen thru the headphones. Anything?

12. ema609

ema609 Member

well see how nice baby steps works. I made sure that the connections was tight and they were I gave them a little twist
    and then I jumped as the noise came out of the speaker.
    Thank you so much it workssssssssssss.
    I was stressing out.
    Now do you have some nice magic for me to get my cd to be able to be recongized from the pc
    I am so happy
    Thank you thank you Thank you Ema

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You might remember what wire the culprit was so that if this happens again you can replace it.

The pc doesn't recognize the disc? Are you putting in a clean commercial bought disc and no recognition? First reboot and try again. Your drive may still be failing, but since there were no yellow flags in device manager, it may be ok..

I would roll the pc back to a point that everything was working last-before last 2 programs were installed. Get your son or someone to do this if you're not confident! It's not hard. It will simply make your pc think it's the day you went back to, and no data is lost in the process. You should always create a restore point before you install any program, then it's a one step process to go back to if a simple uninstall doesn't correct issue.

Glad you got speakers working. The cd drive plays a cd properly now?? but just won't burn data. Do the reboot first, and try out and see what's not working.

14. ema609

ema609 Member

I tried to reboot and it wont write whats on my pc
    You know I just remembered something. I also changed my actiontek
    modem because I couldnt get on line. Everything happened in one day
    This pc doesnt have a dvd writer
    My friend gave me her cd dvd sony writer that I tried to
    see if it worked with nero I plugged it into the back of the pc and put a disk in it to try to copy something and it wouldnt work. So I just pulled it out and thought I would have to read the directions to see how it worked maybe that is when I lossened the wire to the speakers and maybe somehow by plugging it in it stopped the cd writer from reading my cds.
    This pc doesnt have a dvd writer
    Okey I will wait till my son can get me a restore point.
    I tried to do it myself and took a restore point of a month earlier and had to get the whole xp put in new last month so I better not do it my self
    Anyway thanks I am happy to have my sound back
    ema

15. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

While your son is there, have him run a virus check and adware/malware check of your computer.

Also have him defrag your hard drive.

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

So, you really never have gotten the given-to-you cd drive to work in your computer ever? Did it ever occur to you that she gave it to you because it didn't work for her either?? Shesh. So we have wasted most of this on a drive that has never worked. At least you got your speakers to work. In the future let your son be the custodian of the pc. LMAO

17. ema609

ema609 Member

It does work I saw it work in her house
    are you a kid
    loooooooooooool
    You can act grown up for a few minutes
    But the truth shines thru

18. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

My guess is that garmoon is 60 years old, or close to it, so I don't believe he is a kid.

The CD drive you have may quite possibly be junk. You could try to uninstall the drive, via Device Manager, but that is something that your son can give you the baby steps on how to do it.

You need to have him teach you some Computer 101. Once he does, I would bet that you won't have half the problems that you have now, and if you do get in that situation again, you will be able to fix it yourself.

19. ema609

ema609 Member

The CD drive you have may quite possibly be junk.
    =====================================================
    LooooooooooooL
    In the future Please advise someone else.
    I am sure you will respect my wishes
    Thank you so much
    Ema

20. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Ema609
    My advice is to physically take the computer to a person who knows what they are doing so that you can be physically shown the steps these Ad members are talking about. That person can physically inspect the setup of the CD drive, run some basic tests on it, swap it into another system, swap another drive in your system, and run other diagnostic programs to ensure that those two "games" you downloaded didn't contain an unpleasent surprise. Reading instructions on the net is helpful to some, but an experienced tech can spot a problem or symptom a mile away which you were unaware of, one small problem can affect many programs and hardware devices. Trust me on this, I've fixed enough of my employee's computers to realize that anything can happen inside your box, and most of the time the real cause of their problem was something simple that they didn't notice in the first place.

Just my 2ยข worth.