need help in burning the video i captured

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by o-power, Jan 24, 2006.

1. o-power

o-power Member

sup, i used my firewire to capture video from the camcorder and finally i got 25 minutes of video in avi format in 4 giga!
    how can i burn this thing into something my dvd can play in the best quality?? (i do have dvd burner)
    tnx

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

3. keen3h

keen3h Guest

Theres no way you would be able to get a 4gb avi file onto a disk, it hasnt even been encoded to mpeg-2 yet so it wll increase by a couple of gigs and the authoring stage is pretty simple. Try compressing the movie first in virtualdub(free), once you've downloaded it open the movie in it file>open video then go to video menu at the top and make sure Full processing mode is selected, and at the Audio menu select Direct stream copy. Go to Video > Compression and select the desired video codec I use microsofts mpeg4 v2. If you want to use using DivX slow motion, tweak the settings a bit. Under File menu click Save as AVI.

Then you should be ready to convert to a dvd. using dvdsanta, winavi or anyother program you want to use.

4. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Sorry to say, but this is not good advice...
    Why on earth would you first want to recompress to DivX or any other codec before encoding to MPEG-2??? You only loose quality doing that and you can simply encode DV-AVI to MPEG-2 directly.

5. keen3h

keen3h Guest

6. slw4622

slw4622 Member

You need dvd authorizing software like powerproducer. This kind of software will create your dvd file structures and compress the video to fit on a dvd-r.