NEED HELP. URGENTLY WITH XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by psp1234, Mar 26, 2006.

1. psp1234

psp1234 Member

hi i have an standard xbox everything is like on a normal xbox but it has been chipped and i can play any xbox ripped game. but i have a problem. i am only wanting to make iso's of the game to play on my xbox. but wot programs do i need to do so.? also my xbox wont connect to the internet via my belkin router? cable but i dont no . because everytime i try to connect to the internet using my wireless router it jus comes up with failed to connect??? i have a ethernet cable but i dont no wot else i need to do. could sum1 please help me as i am kind of new to the xbox back ups etc

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Find the IP of your router and then place that in the network settings on your Xbox dashboard for DNS1

Download Quix for backing up your Xbox disc. FTP to your Xbox and put a game in then Run Quix and choose to make an ISO image Quix can FTP to your D: folder (which is your Xbox DVD Drive) and it will rip and make an ISO of the game which you then burn to DVD. If you want to play the game off your hard drive then just put the game in and use DVD2Xbox to rip to your HDD on the Xbox.

just noticed you did a multi-post you asked this question already. Its agaisnt the rules to multi-post

Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  3. psp1234

psp1234 Member

thank you and sorry for multi posting ;)

4. psp1234

psp1234 Member

wot ip do i put in because there are 2. ther is one for wlan settings and the other is for lan settings

5. psp1234

psp1234 Member

it hasnt worked . cud sum write me a gudie on how to set up my internet on my xbox . so then i can use qwix to transfer games to my hdd

6. psp1234

psp1234 Member

hi i wasnt shure if i need this . but do i need the xbox live starter kit?

7. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

look,

if you plan to go on xbox live then hell yeah u need the starter kit, but if you dont, and you only want to transfer games to ur xbox, then listen..

u said you have an ethernet cable? it has to be a CROSSOVER cable not a STRAIGHT THROUGH there is a way to tell which is which but lets leave that atm, anyway fuk the router nd plug one end of the ethernet cable in ur LAN port in ur pc and the other one in ur xbox and tada u got urself connected. now open up ur qwix shit but i suggest flash fxp, and also one other thing, the xbox willa NOT run an xbox ISO game as it only plays games that are actually xbox game files liek when you rip a game to your xbox hardrive via dvd2xbox it doesnt make an iso it makes the files.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2006
  8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Follow the link in my sig and lood for ftp tutor.