Need more CyberLink MakeDisc Menus

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by janlafata, Aug 16, 2009.

1. janlafata

janlafata Regular member

I am trying out CyberLink's MakeDisc. So far I'm impressed with the program, but the menu's they give you to work with are really lame and the ones available for download and purchase are even worse.

Is there anyway to insert my own menu background, maybe with a JPEG of my choosing? I poked around the installation folder and I could not find anywhere where even the stock menus that came with it are in. I have a hunch that they're not in JPEP format anyway

2. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

It may use something like .bkg. You can always import your own menus into DVDs using software like PGCEdit. Alternately, you can replace individual cells with custom menus, either video or still using VobBlanker. This requires using PGCEdit also to export the original menu buttons and then importing them back to the DVD after the cells are replaced.

With Cyberlink, I have no idea. I have never used it, so I cannot comment. If the menus use formats like .m2v, .mpv, .vob, .psd, .bmp, then you can create your own. If it is something like .bkg, then odds are that you cannot create your own.

Another thing you can try however, is looking into features where you can import background images. You can then import a jpeg or bmp into the software. I've never used Cyberlink, but there should be a feature like this.

3. varnull

varnull Guest

Does the program have a "templates" folder or anything looking like one?

Lots of authroung programs use a pretty standard xml style template file with instructions for backgrounds and button functions.. fonts.. highlight actions that kind of thing. They can usually be modified using a plain text editor (kate-gedit-nano etc) BUT .. you do need to know what you are doing.