Need some help with Megaupload Please

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Jinkazuya, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Jinkazuya

Jinkazuya Regular member

I really need you guys' help here. I am really at a loss and do not know what to do. This is what happens:
    -I don't know what happens...A couple days ago, all of sudden, I was unable to download anything from megaupload even until now, I have not been able to do anything or download anything from it. Whenever I click on the download link, I always end up with a page of CONNECTION TIME OUT or REQUEST TIME OUT. I am a lifetime premium member. I have tried to traced my IP or whatever, the first line is something like 1 * * * Request timed out. I have even tried to talk to my ISP, they said everything was fine on their side and they do not block anything.

This is the result of the page:

I have done all I can even disable the firewall, nothing changed and still got the same errors. I have emailed megaupload for more than 30 times, but got no response at all. Lousy service! There are only two reasons, 1)Megaupload blocks my IP, not internal errors as everybody else could use it. 2)Somebody might have hacked my account and use it for some other purpose.

I could you guys could help. If somebody have hacked my account. I really wanna know how I can check it and how I am supposed to deal with this.

2. onya

onya Guest

That's a fair amount of email traffick from a user in such a short space of time.
    Perhaps their servers are down or experiencing difficulties?

Patience Jinkazuya, patience.

3. Jinkazuya

Jinkazuya Regular member

Not really...Everybody can use it and download fine except me. It just happened all of a sudden, which is weird.

4. onya

onya Guest

LOL.. Give your system a virus sweep and a clean up with CCleaner, then make a restart.
    Any luck now?

5. Jinkazuya

Jinkazuya Regular member

well...I reformat my XP window but nothing change. I tried to use my laptop to connect it but it just happened the same, and nothing changed at all. I am not really sure if it is the problem of megaupload or my ISP or if megaupload blocks my IP, which I believe, it won't as I was able to login and do anything with my account. I do not think I get blocked or banned. But it just always get the damn message:

The connection has timed out

The server at www92.megaupload.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

6. musekinin

musekinin Member

I also got the same problem here. Just happened recently, around 1 week. I've tried everything, googling every where, sent e-mail to MU, but still no hope.

I also thought perhaps something happened with my IP, but nope.

hopefully this is only temporary.

7. kingrico

kingrico Regular member

I too have experienced exactly the same issues - I'm glad that I'm not alone!!

Sometimes if I click the link to the d/l page (I'm not a premium member and so by this I mean the page where you enter the 3 letters) it will get there after about 5 or 10 minutes. But when i click on the d/l link it just gives up.

This is really frustrating - any news people?

R

8. FybrOptic

FybrOptic Member

Are you guys using Charter for your ISP? Cause I have the same problem where I can't hardly download anything through Megaupload anymore from my home connection. When it does go, it tends to run really slow, around 30KB/s.

However, when I proxy through a server I manage elsewhere, I'm able to use Megaupload just as before. Same computer, same browsers, just a different route. Downside is that the proxy connection isn't as fast as my home connection because of tunneling overhead and such, so I'm wanting to know what the problem is with direct downloading. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Charter was doing some sort of throttling.