need to change winrar to image

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Fraser13, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Fraser13

Fraser13 Member

hi there,i've copied a game file to my pc from the net. Now the file is a winRar. alcohol cannot read it, and i don't know how to copie it somewhere else and change the file type or just straight up change the file type to an iso for example. is this possible, or do i have to re-download the file and somehow make it stay/become and image file. i hope that made sense, and thanks to anyone who answers

2. Fraser13

Fraser13 Member

let me also clarify that when i extract the file it becomes 66 more winrar files, and when i extract those individually they are all the same 900mb mpg file...

3. steimy

steimy Active member

are you extracting just the first file?

4. Fraser13

Fraser13 Member

no i extracted one, then deleted it, then extracted a different one, but same result, and mpg of exact same length showing same intro...i'ts cabela's dangerous hunts 2

5. Fraser13

Fraser13 Member

basically i'm trying to copy game files from the internet and burn them to dvd (my xbox is mod chipped) i'm using kazza which stinks since there are only 3 games cabella is one of them...when i dowload games will they always be in winrar format or will they ever be an iso, and if so is it ok to burn just like that or do i still have to use qwix to make it xiso?

6. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

This is fairly normal when dealing with xbox games downloaded from the net. Once you have the 66 files extracted, you should be able to double click the 1st winrar file and extract into an iso(it uses the info from all the 66 files, or it should to create the iso). If not, it could be a corrupted download.
    There are some that aren't compressed with winrar and will be just iso's. No, you don't need to use qwix to make it an xiso(not really such a thing anyway)It's an image of an xbox game and people have given it a nickname of xiso.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

some will be rar files and some will be ISO's
    a good site will tell you which one's are ISO's where you
    download them.
    But i have never extracted a rar file and got anything but
    either an ISO or the game files (like if you extracted the ISO)
    you may need to find a better site if all the games you DL'ed
    are not one of those two types after you extract the first rar file

8. Fraser13

Fraser13 Member

thanks for the responses! I think i've already deleted stuff that would have been fine :( but i'd love to get the address of site(s) that are good to download from... after digging further into the net i've seen 'torrents'that require 'bitlord' - are those ok, or is it better to stay clear of those sites - to me it seems that there isn't a reason to do something different than an iso which requires a whole program to download the files properly...i don't know so if someone knows a good site i'm all ears. thanks again

9. steimy

steimy Active member

all torrents require you to have a program to download them
    Butlord is just one of the manu you can use and i have heard
    it works great. Azureus is another.
    Fraser13 check you PM