Netgear WGR614 probs

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Jimbob7, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Jimbob7

Jimbob7 Member

Hi Guys, can you help. I have a Netgear WGR614 router connected to my pc which has not been very secure for some time, naughty I know! Today I set it up securely and now my partners laptop can't get into the network. I set it up from the laptop successfully but when I typed in the requested 27 digit WEP key, I got this messeage: " The settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the network".

I am running OS Win 7137, but it worked perfectly before I made my pc secure.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Jimbo

2. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Heres three things that stick out to me...

1.WEP-128 uses 26 digit key so go back into your router settings and make sure you have the key written down properly possibly reenter it into laptop
    2.Make sure you have laptop security (WEP, WPA)settings exactly the same as the router
    3.depending on the age of the laptop it may not see WEP 128, try setting the router as WEP64 using 10 digit key instead

3. Jimbob7

Jimbob7 Member

Thank you Deaddrum, I will have a play with that info.

Jimbo

4. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Keep me and the viewing public informed of your success/failures so I can better diagnose issues and someone out there can learn something from us.