Network Settings?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by lithium35, Sep 1, 2006.

1. lithium35

lithium35 Member

I modded my xbox a number of years ago, and I am just now trying to set the ability to FTP to it again. I know I did it before, but it was at least 4 years ago.

I know I have the xecuter 2 bios on my box (cause it says xecuter 2 when I boot up)

However, I am not sure if I have a different dashboard or not. It more or less looks like the M$ dashboard, but I can change things like the names of the menu's and I have an added section for emulators etc...

In anycase, I don't have a "Network Settings" option anywhere on my dash, therefore I can't figure out what my IP address is. I have a crossover cable (yes I am sure) and I have tried to ping it or connect through Flashfxp with generic numbers like 192.168.0.3 however I have had no luck.

My question is what should I do. I would really like to be able to ftp to my xbox and backup some games I have... Do I need a different dash? Any suggestions?

Any and all help would be great, I have been unable to find anything resembling this problem on this forum.

Sean

2. nate1490

nate1490 Regular member

If you could get another dash like unleashx or evox it would be a lot easier.
    My original ip was 192.168.0.2..don't know it that helps
    Do you have any system settings ect.

3. lithium35

lithium35 Member

Thanks for your help, it turns out mine is 192.168.0.2 which I had tried. I just ended up getting AID 3.0 and using that to install Evolution X- (I wanted the swapstick feature, which is often for this southpaw)

Thanks for your help.

Sean

4. nate1490

nate1490 Regular member

no problem