Networking backups from pc drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by diggum, Mar 30, 2008.

1. diggum

diggum Member

HI everyone. I was wondering: Is it possible to play your backups from the pc? That is, I know a good way to run back ups is on the xbox hard drive, however I have very little capacity. Is it possible to network the backupped games from my pc to play on xbox via a link cable with the game basically reading from my pc drive and not saved on the xbox drive?

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Nope, it's impossible, you can only play games from the xbox hard drive and dvd drive; i do however keep a shedload of games on a pc hard drive, but that's because XBMC corrupted a couple times, so to save reinstalling 100s of game discs (my xbox hard drive is 500GB) i keep them saved on a pc drive; that way if the xbox drive gets corrupted again i can just ftp them back over (which still takes forever but at least i don't have to keep loading dvd's). Just fit a bigger hard drive, it doesn't have to be much bigger, it's very easy (and cheap) to do

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  3. diggum

diggum Member

I see. Well, that's a bit disapointing. Thank you for the reply though! Guess I'll have to be exchanging hard drives then.