New Divx Player - Very cool

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by dvdpatrik, Aug 9, 2008.

1. dvdpatrik

dvdpatrik Member

Please help. Ive tried many other forums with this. I know lots of other people have the same question.

Q. Im simply looking at getting a new (dvd) Divx Player. Nothing fancy. £20-25. Purpose built would be an advantage. Any suggestions??

Many thanks.

2. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

yea, im looking for the same thing. this is the one that i have, but it upscales (still can use on Standard definition tv).

Phillips DVP 5982

im looking for a non-upscaler, maybe it would be cheaper. but the phillips is really goodd.

3. krazyasif

krazyasif Guest

For 20-25 pounds if go for the Toshiba SD185E ...

You can get it from Tescos website for £24.97 and it plays Divx ... meaning you can play avi files that you may have lying around!

It also plays mp3s and jpeg so you can listen to your music or browse your photo album using it.

Only thing is that its Region 2 but im sure there is a hack somewhere.

Or if you want you can get the same model but with an upscaler (so you get near High Def quality without forkin out loads) ... but it costs an extra £20 ... again from Tesco the model is Toshiba SD480e ... Thats the one I wanna go for 4 long term like. PS both look really nice with the black finish:)

4. techoter

techoter Member

I think my parents have the Phillips -- seems to have worked great for them. Good luck with your purchase.