Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by hlp4me, Mar 26, 2006.

1. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

I've been reading this forums for quite sometime now and I was mostly reading about the XBOX and how to copy dvd, and I learn some but still have some question to ask all you savy people out there, all these terminology been use I have no clue sometime and I hope you all will put up with me for not knowing too much so if I ass a stupid question don't get mean... So here is a couple of question, how can I tell what version of XBOX I have, what is an Action Replay, can I soft mod my XBOX and if so, is this a better choice, the games I have got scratch and trying to sell them and can't get rid of them so I decided to mod my XBOX.

I still got some game from my Dreamcast that are scratch, that give you an idear what I mean.

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Here are some answers:

How do I tell which version I have? Go here and use this chart to get a good idea of what your version is. It's not always exact, so be forewarned. http://www.xboxscene.net/versions_0.php

What is an Action Replay? It's a device that can be used to transfer game saves into your Xbox. Basically used by cheaters to input game cheat codes and whatnot, it can also be used in the softmod process.

Can I softmod my Xbox? Probably if you can follow the directions that are out there. Softmodding is much easier for the layman, so if you haven't worked with electronics before that may be the way to go.

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

4. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

Hay you guys are on time I begin to get a better picture about the things I need to know, but still what I really need to know which is better the softmod or chipmod, I'm will tackle either or, so before I get started I want to make sure I'm making the right decision about modding my XBOX.

Thank for all your Info.

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Modchip you can do and fix xbox easily. Softmod does not need modchip. But it is harder to fix xbox if it messed up.

6. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

Thank TheReturn, I think I will go with the chip just in case I messed things up, I have an 80G and a 30G hard drive sitting in my computer not really doing anything so I will use my 80G in my XBOX.

Thank again

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

the best modchip is x3 or xenium.