New Philips DVP642/37 Firmware?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by xtrecate, Aug 29, 2005.

1. xtrecate

xtrecate Member

I purchased a 642 a week ago and have been using it with no problems since. The curiosity in me caused me to seek out every tweak/firmware upgrade out there, and after researching as much as I could, I'm under the impression that 1109 is the latest available version, with the exception of a few 1109 hacked fw's that allow latin charachters and change the subtitle backgrounds.

However, when I check my version screen using the 569 code, it reads 'VER1228'. Is this a known firmware version, or do I have some kind of unreleased updated fw?

Does anyone else have experience with the rev.? If so, does it introduce any compelling changes over 531 or 1109? Ought I up/downgrade to one of the different versions?

Thanks for the input....

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

personally if it works dont alter it.If you do who knows what may happen.

3. xtrecate

xtrecate Member

yea. it was more my insatiable desires to fusk with stuff than any potential opportunity to actually make things work better.

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i upgrade my firmware only if the need arises like say for example i change the O/S and find the burner doesnt work.With the update it probablt will.By all means try it but be aware that it may alter the properties to the detriment of your device and ultimately you might put the wrong drivers in and then it wont work.