New to xbox backup PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by wtfgoinon, Apr 19, 2006.

1. wtfgoinon

wtfgoinon Member

Hello!!

I just installed a xenium gold chip and loaded avalaunch dash on my box. everything workds great except one thing. I was trying to copy a game onto my pc harddrive through a direct network FTP, but then I put the game into the xbox and ftp'd it, the D drive had no files (other than a few .VOB's) that I could see. But when I explored the disc in avalaunch on the xbox, I could see all the files. So, I have no way to copy the files off the xbox to my computer because the FTP doesnt see any of them!! WTF?!?!? any suggestions?? Please help :)

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

on the file manager of avalauch. Copy the whole game to xbox hdd then ftp it to pc.

3. wtfgoinon

wtfgoinon Member

I havnt installed a large hard drive yet so i cant copy the files over. There isnt any way to use the xbox dvdrom to read the game data and copy it over with ftp without having to load it to the xbox hard drive first?? Thanks.

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

something is weird with the ftp. You should see the whole game with flashfxp.

5. wtfgoinon

wtfgoinon Member

Hi,
    I used FlashFXP and it didnt even show the .VOB files that I see when I ftp into the box using internet explorer. However, when I explore the disc in avalaunch, I can see all the data files on my tv. I have no idea whats goin on. Is there some setting in FlashFXP that allows me to see all the files? It's not a registered version so I dont know if that matters. I think theres something wrong with FlashFXP because when I explore even the C: drive on the xbox it doesn't even show any files in that folder but I can see them all in internet explorer. Do you have suggestions? All help is much appreciated :)

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

YOu dont have to register Flashfxp. You dont have to do any settings. It just see xbox files.

In this case, it is strange. While window explorer can see files, but flashfxp can not. Maybe you dont have permissions to access those files from flashfxp.

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

which dash do you have?

8. wtfgoinon

wtfgoinon Member

I have the avalaunch dash. The wierd thing is that the IP that I get from avalaunch is different than the IP that Xenium shows me (I have it set to static IP on Xenium). When I do the FTP, I log in with the IP that xenium gave me. Do you think I should log in with the IP that avalunch game me? Thanks.

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

that is why you fusk up.
    use the ip of avalaunch

10. wtfgoinon

wtfgoinon Member

whew, it finally worked. I was using the right IP all along it just took a few tries for the PC to see the files. And now another problem arises. When I started to copy the files off the game from the dvd rom to the computer, it said it would take 2 days and 16 hours to complete the transfer. And it wasnt kidding. 1.5 days later..... still copying. I got tired and cancelled the damn transfer. Anyone know how to make it go faster. I am connected through a router by the way. Thanks.

11. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Turn on the FTP boost in Avalaunch, and check your network is at 100MBs not 10..