newbie how can i

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by L0vely, Jul 22, 2003.

1. L0vely

L0vely Member

hi i just got a canon digital camera and the thing is that i was wondering i filmed on the camera but with a tape how can i get to put that movie on to like my computer or watever to get it to a dvd, i am so sorry if u do not know wat i am talking about but i am very fustrated right now and dont know wat to do.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You need a video capture board - they are around £60 for good ones. Im sure you can get them cheaper though.

3. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

is it a digital camera or camcorder, I pursume camcoder has a digital you just stick a usb lead in it and a way you go with software that came with it. If a digital camcorder as long as it has dv in/out (firewire connection) you can get pinnalce dv clip for £30 pcworld which includes PCI CARD need a slot free, lead and pinnalce studio 7 se light a good starter pack though instructions are pants will have to find a separate guide for that but it is very easy to use and will convert your captured files into either vcd or dvd complaint files if it hasnt got dv in/out socket you will have to go down the analogue caputre route and get a capture card but a think being a cannon it should have dv/in (firewire slot). The software dosent include a burner/auther to vcd/dvd you will have to have sep one or you can buy another pinnacle product which will include the same card and leads for more money but will come with pinnacle 8 check back of boxes for contents as you can just get the software on its own, not sure of the price but both are a good start into the video camera world if you really get into you will probably swap to differnt software. Remember though it will capture the film in avi format so you will need plenty of hard disc space.__X_X_X_X_X_[small]a wise man one said...........[/small]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2003