Newbie needs help. It would be appreciated

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by dalearato, Jun 23, 2004.

1. dalearato

dalearato Member

Ok heres the situation. I have an xbox, it has an xecuter2 chip inside it. I would like to no what else i need to do to be able to backup games i already own. Your help would be much appreciated

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

(this assumes you dont want to get a bigger HDD for the xbox)

1 - you need a cross over cable for direct pc to xbox exchanges or a network setup.

2 - You need a new dash board for the xbox ie: Evox

3 - assign your xbox a static ip (in evox) which is in the same subnet as your computers

4 - Obtain a ftp program ie: Flash FXP

5 - create a new connection in Flash FXP - name - xbox password - xbox with you xbox's new ip address

6 - Open the connection between your comp and xbox
    through flash fxp or similar

7 - Open xbox drive, place game in, close xbox drive

8 - Wait 'til its finished reading the disk and then open the D: folder on your xbox through flash fxp or similar

9 - Create a folder on your pc for the game to go.

10- open that folder and copy ALL game data (from the d drive) into the new folder you just created.

11- when its complete (transfers fron d: to pc with a cross over are normally 1.5 meg a sec) patch the .xbe files with a program called qwix availiable from www.xbox-sceen.com - tools

12 - Create an iso from your data with QWIX (or similar)

13 - Burn as image on media suitable for YOUR version xbox

14 - PLAY

If this does not cover enough info for you, check out the tutorials - they are much more in-depth. Such as SEAMONKEY's guide just above this post in the sticky topics.

3. dalearato

dalearato Member

so i take it you cant do it the same way as u do wiv dvd's?

4. clarky

clarky Regular member

yeah, you could say that.

5. dalearato

dalearato Member

So is there any way of copying xbox games i already own without using all that cross over cable stuff?

6. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

If you have an xecuter 2 inside, does it have a cromwell bios (if it has a bank switch, switch the bank over, see if it says cromwell on screen, or goes blank)
    if so then all you need to do is have an " alternative" bios in it to be able to play backups.
    If you want to make copies of youre own, do exactly what Clarky said
    and unless you want to put in a bigger hard drive and save your games to your xbox (bigger) hdd, then nope, sorry dude, no other way to make backups than what clarky already told u
    The easy peezy way to load evox etc is by using an auto installer, theres a few differnt ones, I still actually use team xaviers as I love the way it sets everything up. You can update your evox etc afterwards if you want to.
    As far as tutorials go I have a very easy to understand network tutorial its in pdf, pm me with yer email addy if you want it
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Timmmmmaaaahhhhhhhyy![/small]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2004
  7. dalearato

dalearato Member

Is there any site where i can get these cross over cables and dashboards from? Also i could do with a easy to use tutorial so i dont end up breaking my xbox

8. scottas

scottas Guest