Newbie wants to show "movies" on website

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by wkm, Mar 18, 2004.

1. wkm

wkm Member

I want to record video on a Panasonic VDR-M30 DVD Video Camcorder Camera; then do whatever needs to be done to show moving video clips on my website. Is this easily done? Where can I go to find out what needs to be done? Any thoughts would be extremely helpful, bec. I will return the camera if this is a stupid idea. Thanks.

2. Kickback

Kickback Member

Well if you have the cash to pay for all the bandwith that the video will be using then...

Pay someone to figure this out dude. It's going to cost lol

Well start by asking what type of stream will you want to use via MPEG, Shockwave, Real One player, Quicktime etc. Next you'll have to capture your video and converting it to the format you wish to stream. There is a lot of helpfull info on how to capture and stream video here. Just do a search. Good luck.

3. wkm

wkm Member

Thanks. I got a good piece from PC Mag, and I'll do the search here. Spending a lot of ash is not what I had in mind. Would emailing such clips be easier and cheaper to do? I'll check the research.

4. Kickback

Kickback Member

Well it depends how big the files are. Most email services have a limit on how much you can have a month. Take mine for example only lets me use 10mb a month, but most free emails like Yahoo will only allow you 6mb or so. If it's only a few people then you won't have any problems setting it up on a server. good luck. Can you be more specific on to where you wish to store the movie? (free site, Pay site, etc)

5. wkm

wkm Member

I pay for my email at AmericasRegister.com; I also pay for it at optonline.net. I'll check, but I think one or both have 250 megabytes of space, but I don't know the details.

6. Cramdid

Cramdid Guest

Lots of people are affraid of bandwidth charges. I on the other hand have a host that has no limit on bandwidth. So I can put whatever I want on it. 2 ways to put it on a website embed it or download.
    You can embed it like this:

<embed src="newalert.wmv" width="145" height="60"></embed>

Keep in mind that all you have to do is change the .wmv to whatever file you are using and the size of the player (video).
    To download it you just link to the file itself.
    Cram

7. wkm

wkm Member

Cram:

thanks.

who is your host?

8. Cramdid

Cramdid Guest

9. wkm

wkm Member

That is what I'm looking for. Thank you very much.

10. Cramdid

Cramdid Guest

No problem....