Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Wiseguy, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Wiseguy

Wiseguy Guest

I would like to transfer vhs to dvd the only problem is I have no idea where to start or what I'll need. I'd like to improve the picture quality is there any way to do that and what do I need to do everything?

2. CyberMan

CyberMan Member

This is the one ? I think I can answer and it has not come with out my share of heck to pay but anyway aside from that I think I can help you with this one.
    1}You will need a compter with at lest a 800 to 1gh prosseser and atlest 128mb to 1gig the more the better but it will still work with 128mb of RAM. 2)You will need a DVD burner if you have one all ready you are almost there but if not you can buy a DVD burner online or at your local computer store like Circit City or any one that sells computer things should have them but if I wore you I would bye if you do not already have one I would buy the Sony one I do not know the name right off but you can burn DVD-R,DVD-RW,DVD+R,DVD+RW and even CD-R and CD-RW to so you can burn them all so it sese any way it is the one I am going to get soon or if you are in the morket for a whole nother computer I would look at the Sony computers or any other you might see that you like alonng the why but make shour it has a DVD burner on it I use a GateWay computer but I like Sony though if you like Apple computers you need to go out or go on line and look at the new iMac's but please make shour if you do go with a make make shour it comes with a SuperDrive that is a DVD burner and CD buner all in one combo I think the prices on the iMac are very good ones there ones with a 15" and 17" flatpanal monter though please look around before you make a desene and buy what you want and only what you want. 3) please make shoure that you have a or at leat a 40gig to bigger hard drive to in your computer. (4 Now has for how to get you video in to your computer you will need a camcorder with firewaire or you can go out to and buy a ATI all in wander video captuer card and put it in your computer or have a computer person do it if you do not fill safe doing it yourself there are many ways of getting video in your computer but I think the best thing to do is when you go looking for this stuff I gave told you about just ask the person that helps you with looking for the computer you want in the store what is the easit way to get video from you camcrder to your computer now you had seed you had some VHS tapes to that you wanted to put on DVD agene just ask around when you go to look for your new computer or when you are looking for info on just buying a DVD burner they will help you if they are not any help just right me a letter hear on the bords and I will do my best to help you out. (5 Now for software the best DVD burning software I know of is DVD Compleet by Dazzle now it is $99.95 but I am shore if you look around you can find it for less hear goto www.techtv.com and got to there store and look for there software and they have another good one that I am thinking of buying and I thing it would do more for you I forget the name of it but its the only one they have I think so you should find it easly I think if you stick with DVDCompleet you with need to get a editing software packeg to so I would go for the one on the web address I gave you on hear now if you go for the Apple iMac all you need to do what you want to do is already on it and ready to go no buying any other software packdeg but I also should say to that Computers that have a DVD burner already in the also come with DVD burning and editing stuff so I hope I have help and not compleetly nocked you for a loop but if I can be of any help to you please right to me hear I will be more then happy to help you out if I can but agene please do your home waork on what you want I can not say that enuff ask thoughs sells people everything you can think to about what you want to do on your computer. Just make shour that the VCR and camcorder you have will work with the computer you are buying so you know that you can hook it up to your computer agene just ask alot of ? make thoughs sells men work for there money I hope this helps you out.