NewEgg

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by timnetus, Jan 13, 2010.

1. timnetus

timnetus Member

I've seen some negative feedback dealing with NewEgg on the internet. My experience in some instances with NewEgg is they are a misleading merchant to deal with. They advertise products at discounts when they have no inventory. For example; Internet price for Toshiba NB205 pink was $100 less then most internet merchants. You order the product, they take your money, you wait for info, 2 or 3 days later they tell you its not in inventory and they will credit your account 1 to 2 business days. I am now 4 days into the process and have not yet received the credit. It only took NewEgg less then an hour to charge my account to get the money, but it takes them longer to return your money. So beware when ordering products from NewEgg. There are no guarantee the product is available even though it looks like the best price on the net and NewEgg allows you to order whithout inventory. There is nothing to indicate at time of order that it is out of stock. Also beware the amount of time to get your money back from them. Suggestion for NewEgg: Show quanties on hand when folks are placing orders. Many people will not order if you show quanity of 0.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I have shopped Newegg for almost 8 years. I have NEVER had any problem with them. They are simply the best out there.

Sorry you had a problem with them.

3. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Newegg does have a lot of issues, especialy recently. It seems like they are trying to remove all the best parts from their inventory, becuase they make a fortune on returns of defective parts.

Many brands are not even listed on newegg, and the better parts from most brands are not available. Personaly, I have stopped buying from newegg for most things...yesterday I bought a video game for $40 at best buy. I went to newegg just to see how much I paid for the convenience...newegg's price was $17 more!

I still buy all my computer parts online, but most come from Amazon these days because they have a better selection, better quality parts, and a much better return policy:

Newegg defective parts return:
    Pay for part
    Pay for shipping
    wait for part to arrive
    find that part is bad, file RMA
    pay to ship part back
    pay a "restocking fee" on a part that is broken, and should not be restocked.

Amazon defective parts return:
    Pay for part
    Pay for shipping
    wait for part to arrive
    find that part is bad, file RMA
    amazon pays return shipping
    amazon refunds original shipping
    amazon refunds original sale price

...And that is assuming the part is bad; Amazon will also pay return shipping and give a full refund (including shipping) for something if you decide you just don't like it, you don't want it, or even if you found it cheaper from someone else!

I honestly feel sick when ordering from Nazi bastards like Amazon, but newegg has driven me away with their high prices, poor selection, and terrible service. About the only thing I use them for is browsing for parts...Newegg's power search feature makes Amazon look like a child's finger painting.

4. scum101

scum101 Guest

I have found many many better deals than either of this pair.. last time I needed laptop ram for a customer I saved 50% and more on the price quoted for the parts from amazon.. and they arrived within 18 hours much to my surprise. I could probably find out the name of the company, but it's in my papers and I can't be bothered digging about.