Ninja Gaiden Black Help!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by GhottaBe, Aug 6, 2006.

1. GhottaBe

GhottaBe Guest

I just can't get this to work maybe it's my xbox or maybe im deleting the wrong files from the game itself i burn NGB(PAL VERSION) the file size was 3.9 Gb the game started up and before even see anything on the screen it says your disc may be dirty or damaged but i don't think that's the problem i burned at 4x using a verbatim dvd-r i think it has something to do with the files i deleted maybe it's different with the pal ver? i looked at other topics and deleted the files they said wasn't needed and it still hasen't worked any help with would be appreciated!.

2. gameboy95

gameboy95 Guest

have you try . www.balugabutt.com yet ? if not ,go there and look for delettion page then go to your game .

3. GhottaBe

GhottaBe Guest

Ok now i really need help now im just plain confused i DL another NGB this time the US ver and in the torrent description it says doa 4 trailer removed and files relinked so i figure all i have to do is burn it and i though i was right i extracted it the .iso file was 4.29 GB so i thought he fixed to files to make the game work so i burned it to a verbatim at 4x using imgburn 2.0.0.0 the game starts up and i feel relieved...for 5 secs as soon as the copyright screen goes you know when the game starts off with a paragrapgh about the games content well whatever after that i thought i was in the clear as soon as that finishes it says your disc may be dirty or damaged and i was about to go crazy then i said ok fine let's see what the uploader did with the files i extracted the iso using qwix and it turns out there's nothing in the movie or media folder....... but the file is 4.29 GB i don't get can someone help me with this id really appreciate it

4. GhottaBe

GhottaBe Guest

Also i don't know if this means anything but when i extracted the files from the image the files only came up to 1.61 Gb instead of 4.29

5. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

It's because the files are missing when it checks for them.

On balugabutt, there are zero byte video files. Replace the videos you wish to remove with those to avoid the dirty disc error.

As for the folder size you got after extracting, make sure your hard drive wasn't just full or that you stopped the program too early.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  6. gameboy95

gameboy95 Guest

ok , here what i did , i open the movie folder and deleted all the " j.sfd files " that list in there , plus "DOA4 .sfd files" that leave me enough room for making iso . and don't forget to check " automatically cross-link identical files " on options. that is what i did and i able to burn it on disc without anyproblem .

7. GhottaBe

GhottaBe Guest

Ok i downloaded the blank.sfd file so do i have to make copies of this file and rename them to duplicate the video files that aren't there if so can somebody give me a list of all the files in the video folder and media folder

8. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Do what gameboy95 suggested, but rather than just delete the files, overwrite them with the zero byte video files. That should trim the iso down enough for you to burn it.