No CD/DVD burner need to back up game

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by NoobertX, Nov 15, 2005.

1. NoobertX

NoobertX Member

Hi, my copy of greg hasting paintball is all messed up, so I downloaded a copy of it. All it is is a bunch of Rars and another files, what do I do from there, if I dont have a burner to burn it to a DVD. Can I just FTP an xISO to my xbox? Thank you very much. Also, I was wondering, I have a lot of backed up games on my xbox, and I am running out of room on my xbox, I was thinking maybe could I get on of those cable thats goes from your controller port to usb, and I could buy an external hard drive, and hook it up to my xbox as a second hard drive, or will that not work? Thank you (By the way I did read the stickies, so sorry if I overlooked the info I needed to klnow)

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you downloaded the game off the net then more then likly you have got a bunch of RAR files.

Choose the first RAR in the list and double click it and extract the file out.

Example:
    XboxGame.00r
    XboxGame.01r
    XboxGame.02r

You would choose XboxGame.00r cause thats the first RAR file.

Once it extracts the xISO out you need to extract the xISO image out. Which will create a folder with all the game files in it.

Download Quix below and choose to extract image.
    http://www.teamavalaunch.com/qwix/

Once it extracts the folder you need to FTP that folder to your Xbox games folder and then you can play it off the hard drive.

As of using an externel hard drive I am postive that wont work.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  3. NoobertX

NoobertX Member

Thank you for the quick reply, and am doing what you said right now. Its working great. Why wouldnt the extrenal HD work? What about a network HD, anything?