no option for back/copy game

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mundy420, Jan 18, 2006.

1. mundy420

mundy420 Member

i just bought a modded xbox , i know its modded cause it plays backed up xbox games , and has other snes games installed , but i have no option on by dash board to copy or back my current original games , is there a sofware i can download and install into my xbox to back up my games , if there is where do i get it and how to do put a disc that my xbox will read... thanks ..

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Sure is, if they used an auto installer, which they may
    have when they modded it, you may already have it.
    Look in your apps for DVD2Xbox
    That you can use to copy strait from a disc to your hard drive.
    If you want to copy it from one disc to another get an FTP program for your PC like Craxtion4 or Qwix. You will also need to know how
    to set everything up to FTP the game from your Xbox to the PC, then create an ISO file out of the files, then burn to a new DVD. and need a crossover cable too.
    there are a bunch of tutorials here
    http://www.teammodders.com/viewforum.php?f=45
    and the main page of that site has a download section where you can get all the programs i mentioned
    as far as DVD's i suggest 8X DVD-R
    Philips, TDK, Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim Ritek
    those are the most popular brands.

3. mundy420

mundy420 Member

thanks for the info , i am to trying copy straight from disc to xbox hard drive , but i have no apps folder , its evox , i have the lauch menu option, then only have three options programs-"which has my dvd--player program, then games, "which is blank", then consoles, "which has the other pre-intalled games that were there, no apps option , can i just download dvd2xbox and save on dvd-r and install it into the evox dashboard , if there is how ..i already have qwix,1.01 , and nero.. what else do i need...?