No playback with Panasonic DVD-S42

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by julien2, Dec 31, 2007.

1. julien2

julien2 Member

Hi all and thanks in advance for your time and help !

I have bought, more than a year ago (so no more warranty) a Panasonic DVD player, model is called DVD-S42.

I was very happy with this device, until this morning.

Yesterday, I have watched some old DVD-R's on which I had burned some DIVX files, with the extension .avi. The DVDs had a lot of scratches, they are old, but there was no playback problem. Everything was smooth. I watched 4 episodes of a TV show.

This morning, I took my remote control (batteries are fine) and I pressed play, and nothing happened, no power, nothing ! At first I thought maybe it's an electrical problem...but all my other devices plugged in the same powerbar work fine. So I unplugged the dvd player, replugged it, and then I got power. Cool ! I can turn the player on.

However, the player displayed a NO DISC message...even if the same disc as yeasterday was in !!!

At first, I thought maybe it's because the discs are too old and have too much scratches on them, but I inserted some very recently burned DVD's in the player, and still got the NO DISC problem.

Does anyone here have any idea what could be the cause. I have used this device A LOT ! Could this be simple wear ?

Thanks !

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yup soumds like the dvd player is shot good news is there very inexpensive nowadays