no problem burning xbox game until now....plz help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by airX, Aug 1, 2006.

1. airX

airX Member

i've backup games before without any problem till today when i tried to burn games wiz nero and dvd decrypter, both were failed. i used to burm games wiz 8x fujifilm dvd-r and i worked fine 100%, but i ran out of the disk so i brought some 16x memorex dvd-r to burn more games and thats when the problems come in. both nero and dvd decrypter start the burning process for a second and went down. i don't think the disk has been write on or anything. i burn it with a sony dvd burner that came with the notbook and the max speed is like 2x... i'm runing out of options here and need help......so please let me know what you guess think....thanks

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

It's because Memorex media is low quality. Go get some more Fujifilm or upgrade to Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden.

3. airX

airX Member

thanks for the reply. is there a list that shows witch brand is low quality and witch isn't. just so i don't run in to the same mistake next tim. thanks ..

4. steimy

steimy Active member

That is most likely the problem. A very few people have reported success with Memorex but not many.
    Same goes for the 16X speed discs. Many people do not have good success rates with those so buy the 8X

Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, Sony, Maxcell and even Philips have been known to work really well. 8X DVD-R is what i suggest
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
    Even though these list TDK as 1st class media i would not buy them.