Noob Help?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by nooberguy, Feb 22, 2006.

1. nooberguy

nooberguy Member

Hi, I just downloaded my 1st Xbox ISO, and I have a couple of questions? The ISO in question is Marc ECKO's Getting UP. The ISO came in standard Winrar.r00 format and after extracting the ISO I'm unable to open it to read its table of contents. Gives me error message saying, that file is unrecognized, or damaged. Now does this mean that it's already in xiso format and its ready to burn? Or something additional is require for me to get it to work? Or just bad iso? What's the TOC setup look like in an xbox ISO? Downloaded PS2 PSP ISO's and never had this problem.

P.S. how can you tell if the iso is in regular iso or xiso format?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Most Xbox games you download come in xISO format. I have yet had 1 that wasent. As far as I know there really isnt anyway to tell if its in xISO or not. But all you should have to do is download the Xbox game, unrar it burn the ISO to disc and play the game off disc. That simple.

3. nooberguy

nooberguy Member

Thanx for the info and the time. I getting my modded xbox in a couple days so I wanted to have a couple discs ready to try out. And your right they all do the same thing. So I guess if I get that error
    its in the proper format, cool. Again thanks 4 reply.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2006