noob queestion regarding camcorders

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by pro`noob, Oct 12, 2005.

1. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

I have just got a camcorder, its the first time I have used one myself and I am basically just using it for genearl home movies etc.

So what I what I want to know is how do I get my recordings to my pc?
    The camcorder its self does not have any usb connections or anything and was only a cheap model. It just has an audio out and a video out connection which connects onto a wire with a SCART lead on the end which will display my recordings on the TV. There is nothing to connect it to the pc and no mention of how to do it in the manual.

Do I need any special equpment or software or am I just mission something obvious?

Sorry if this is a really stupid question but like I said I have never used one of these before :)

2. gamename

gamename Regular member

best buy and circuitcity both have software that come with the usb cords. the last time i checked they were between 50-80 dollars.

3. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

4. DGrayson

DGrayson Guest

if you have a aodie & video jack on your cam with you should you can pick up a Digital Video converter that you can run your camcorder or vcr DVD player ect to you pc I bought a plexor convert X at best buy think it was 79.99 befor a 40.00 rebate .

I needed it because I got a new camcorder that take's the digital8/hi8 tapes so I figure I'll just run it to the computer and burn all my home video to DVD hope this helps ya out :eek:) .

I haven't used it yet been to busy LOL but it can with a a few nice programs to I've use'ed the intervideo windvd creator that came with it alot

5. DGrayson

DGrayson Guest

ok I should have read twhat I typed befor I hit send LOL but then I just got done working 12 hour's on a melter floor sorry
    anyway I see that you did say you have audie & video jacks on your cam

6. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

Thanks for the replies. I think mine is analog TPFKAS - it uses VHS-c tapes and yes it has audio and video jacks.

So how much am I looking at for one of these capture cards and do they all provide the same quality when I play back the recordings?
    Is the plextor thing you are talkign about DGrayson a capturre card or is that something different?

7. DGrayson

DGrayson Guest

nope its not a card it's just a little box that you hook your cam into then you hook the box up to your computer with a usb cable.

you should be able to read up on it at bestbuys web page just typ in a search for Plextor Convert X PX-AV100U I haven't used mine to copy any thing with my cam yet but I'ed think the video should be great with it I'ed used the intervideo windDVD Creator solftware that came with it alot and it's easy to use .

Hope this helps ya out think I should get ny butt around and make some copys of all the vdeo I' shoot of my kids want to send it out to there granddad & mom befor the holadays the way I put thing's off that will be here and past LOL

8. aiden05

aiden05 Guest

i have a jvc gr-d270 and am trying to figure out how to take the taped home video and put it on the computer to burn to dvd. I have nero and dvd decrypters can anyone help?

9. DGrayson

DGrayson Guest

@ aiden05 I'ed think as long as you have audio & vidoe jacks and or a usb plug on your came corder you can use the plextor converter also as long as you have a usb port on your computer as thats what runs fron the converter to your computer

10. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

DGraysin, educate yourself. You don't need a digital converter to transfer digital video (the gre-d270 is miniDV) to your PC, just a Firewire connection. That way you don't loose quality. BTW: Aiden started a new thgread for his question. Continue here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/244010

11. DGrayson

DGrayson Guest

@ TPFKAS well like I said I'ed think didn't say I knew for sure as I only knew that it work's for my cam :eek:) . Just trying to help out I know I can use all the educating I can get LOL what with workign 12 hour days dealing with two teens and raising a 3 year old as a divorced dad leaves lots of free time to read NOT LOL but I try