Okay, Lets just say....

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by JoJo883, Jan 4, 2006.

1. JoJo883

JoJo883 Member

that I happened to download a game ,which I owned because the original was scratched beyond repair, ....Its in a folder filled with files in " game.xbox " format with winrar? Now what exactly would one have to do, "hypothetically speaking" to burn these to a dvdr to play on ones modded xbox??? "If I happened to want to learn how to do this"...

2. JoJo883

JoJo883 Member

I also read this amazing tutorial

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/141037

But that still wouldnt answer my question, that is FTP into the box and create an ISO, I am looking for info On creating an ISO from a downloaded game ( i wont give any sites, thats against rules) but is there an in depth tutorial on creating a playable disk from a downloaded game???
    thanks

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Open one of the .rar files and extract the .iso. Now burn it with your favorite burning program (Nero, Alcohol 120, etc) Make sure you burn no higher than 4x.

4. JoJo883

JoJo883 Member

You only have to extract one of the iso files?

thanks

5. JoJo883

JoJo883 Member

Okay, I did exactly as you said. I extracted one of the rar files, and it became an ISO, then I go to extract it, and it tells me that " I need this volume to continue game.oo, game.01, ect." what am I doing wrong?

thanks for your help

6. roopert

roopert Member

Hi
    I think you misunderstood what Quadratic was saying,once you have extracted the ISO from the first rar file that's it,all you need to do now is burn said ISO with DVDdecrypter or as Quadratic has said Nero etc.Look for tuts on burning image files (.ISO .IMG)
    you're very close to sorting it.let us know how you get on.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  7. JoJo883

JoJo883 Member

Hey thanks alot man! I figured it out, thanks to both of you guys for your help, much appreciated.

8. JoJo883

JoJo883 Member

Okay I hate to keep posting, but I have encountered yet another problem...I didnt want to start a new topic either so I hope someone reads this. Okay, I burnt the iso using DVD Decrypter and seems like it worked fine. I placed the disk into my modded XBOX and it begins to load, shows the title, opening, and when I press start it brings up a normal load screen and then it freezes?? Could this be the disks? Im not really sure what I did wrong, the game starts then just freezes, if it helps I am using MEMOREX DVD+R 4.7 GB, and burning using DVD DECRYPTER at lowest possible speed... Thanks in advance, and thanks to other two kind posters who helped me get this far.

9. JoJo883

JoJo883 Member

anyone???

10. roopert

roopert Member

It's more than likely the media you are using.Try using Taiyo Yuden media or Ritek G05(both minus R).

11. JoJo883

JoJo883 Member

thanks alot, I really appreciate the help