onkyo dv-sp301 problems

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by burbon, Feb 17, 2006.

1. burbon

burbon Member

i have had this dvd player for a couple of years and has been great but lately (last couple of months)after playing a movie for about a half hour (sometimes longer) it keeps saying skipping bad disk area sometimes it does it continously sometimes it doest just a few times and sometimes it just freezes up it happens on every dvd i play.

Is anyone else having the same problem. If so is there any way to fix it.
    I'm thinking about buying a new player any suggestion on a good one to go with an onkyo receiver and bose surround system.

2. ericerice

ericerice Member

I have the same problem. Have you a solution yet?

3. JVC

JVC Active member

Are these burned movies, or commercial dvd movies? If burned movies, it could be the blank media you're using. Try another brand. Try Verbatims.
    If they're commercial dvd movies, you may have a real problem with the player. You can try resetting the player to factory settings. Your manual will tell you how. If that doesn't work, try the movie in another player. If it plays fine in another player, you might want to buy a new player.

Any brand player should work fine with your system. It comes down to how much you want to spend............
    Good luck!